The List View is the ideal method to interact with your Database Tables and Views.
When we sat down to build this view, we wanted to create the best, most intuitive way to interact with Databases. The List View is just that!
It is no secret that viewing data in a list makes sense; just look at the sites that you work with every day from Google to your online account statements, and you can see that Lists are the preferred method of viewing data.
Using the List view your users will be able to easily interact and navigate their data:
- Determine data page size by clicking on Rows Per Page.
- Easily navigate through the data using First, Previous,Page, Next Page & Last.
- Simply sort data by clicking on the row headers.
- Easily filter data by using Quick filter boxes above the column header.
- Understand how many lines of data by clicking on Get Row Count.
- For power users, Show SQ, enables, seeing (and copying) the SQL Statement that powers the view.
- Save and tweak your settings with Edit & Create View.
The Card View is a great way of looking at rows of data without horizontal scrolling.
Sometimes it just makes sense to see all the fields of a row of data without horizontal scrolling. For those times, we created the Card View!
This view organizes rows of data vertically, index card like, so you can see all the information on a row without scrolling to the right.
The Card View has the same filtering, sorting and navigating features of the List View.
The Detail View enables drilling down to examine a specific row of data in more detail, one row at a time.
While Lists are perfect for working with many rows of data, they are not optimal for looking at one row of data. That is why we built the Detail View!
This view organizes one row of data vertically so you can see all the information without scrolling to the right.
Additionally, you can see all tables and views that this data links to below the main row. Think of an Order that links to Items that were ordered. These parent-child relationships exist in every database and you can easily deliver this power to you users without hassle.
With the Detail View, you can:
- Navigate one row at a time by using ß Previous Detail or Next Detail.
- Scroll through Related Rows
- Navigate to the detail of related rows